Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Light has Come

John 3:16, 19-21

"Men love the darkness..." It reflects Paul's cry in Romans, and mine as well. I keep doing those things that grieve the heart of God...I know I'm doing them, yet I continue. Sometimes it's because I think there's no other way, sometimes because I just want to be bad and do them, sometimes because I buy into the lie that I am a failure, and destined to disappoint my Heavenly Father. 

But He came to shatter all of that. The verdict has been made. This passage says that everyone who loves the light will come into it an be exposed. It reminds me of a recent prayer our pastor prayed, "We need an invasion of Jesus." God loved me - you - so deeply, he sent His Son to invade our lives, our lists, our plans, our world - so that we might have true life abundantly. He came an exposed all our ugliness, so we could have His beauty. Christmas is a wonderful thing.

No comments: